Remember back in school when you wanted that girl or boy to like you? I bet a specific name immediately pops to mind. (That’s for you, Marlene).
There is an old joke about the expressive who said, “Enough about me! Let’s talk about you. How do you feel about me?”
I hear a lot of radio stations trying to manipulate people into loving them. I even heard a promo saying, “Call us and say why you love us!” (I’M NOT MAKING THIS UP, as Dave Barry would say). Or worse, “what radio station just gave you two pieces of cardboard?” – making them beg for their supper.
I have a better idea. Don’t ask why they love you. Share why you love them.
Every listener has a story. Share it. Those are the values you share.
“Don’t tell people what to do, tell them who they are.”
- Frost Advisory #414 – Stop The Madness! - May 20, 2018
- Frost Advisory #413 – A Mother’s Day Programming Lesson: Love What Your Listeners Love - May 13, 2018
- Frost Advisory #412 – Riddle Me This! - May 6, 2018
- Frost Advisory #411 – He Doesn’t Know How To Even Spell STRATEGY - April 29, 2018
- Frost Advisory #410 – Every Station Has A Season: Turn, Turn, Turn - April 22, 2018