Here’s a really simple way to do show prep. Think “Today, tomorrow, next week, next month.”
Today and tomorrow are pretty obvious, but there’s a reason to always glance at what’s coming up next week, or next month. It’s all about how the brain works. Once the “left brain” (the logical, mathematical, “everything in its place”) side is made aware of the “next big thing” the RIGHT side of the brain (the creative, emotional, artistic side) will start noodling around on how to do it well.
This also gives you time to put things in motion – maybe a promotional or social media angle or follow-up, or finding some music that will stage it perfectly on the air.
If you wait until the last minute and think you can just wing it, pray that I don’t start coaching your competition. You can’t do left brain AND right brain stuff at the same time with any great degree of success. No one can. That’s why golfers work on the practice range until things become subconscious, then when they get into a tournament, it’s not about swing thoughts, it’s just about hitting the shot.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #339 – The Coaching “Starter Kit” - December 4, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #338 – It’s Not the Control Room Show - November 27, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #337 – Like Your Job…and Win - November 20, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #336 – The First Thing You Say - November 13, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #335 – Being Entertaining - November 6, 2019