It’s essential that you have some sort of emotional investment in what you’re saying, whether it’s just reading copy, giving an opinion, etc. In short, you need to sound like you MEAN it.
Yes, it’s a challenge, especially with something you’ve talked about a zillion times on the air, like a station promotion, feature, or contest.
But if you don’t sound like you mean it, no one is going to pay much attention to it.
Here’s a tip: when I go through “copy,” I mentally highlight (or even physically underline) the ONE word in each sentence that I want to stress. It only takes a few seconds of this prep work to make sure that it “imprints” on the mind of the listener.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #410 – The Elevator Trip - April 14, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #409: A Lesson in Greatness – Robert W. Walker - April 7, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #408: The Opposite - March 31, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #407: The Rule Of Three Is Now The Rule Of Two - March 24, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #406: A Lesson from Alex Trebek - March 17, 2021