There’s this virus floating around – you get to the end of a break, and instead of just getting out, you try to “tie a neat bow around it” at the end.
Don’t, please. These “summations” sort of treat the listener like he or she is an idiot. Always assume that the Listener is AT LEAST as smart as we are.
We’re not doing Aesop’s Fables here. When you resort to “The moral of the story is…” that just sounds preachy; even smug. While “Preachy & Smug” might be a great name for a morning team on a Sports station, it’s certainly NOT how a station in any other format should want to be perceived. : -)
– – – – – – –
Member, Texas Radio Hall of Fame
© 2017 by Tommy Kramer. All rights reserved.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #323 – Kick Out “Kicker” Stories - August 14, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Tip #322 – What You Can Learn from Star Wars - August 7, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #321 – One of the Biggest Challenges with Voice Tracking - July 31, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #320 – The Female Voice - July 24, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #319 – The 80% Rule for Big Voices - July 17, 2019