It’s easy to let grass grow and have weeds in your yard. It’s easy to not practice and be a bad guitar player. It’s easy to be the last player on the bench and not get into the game.
It’s easy to have a bad radio station.
Play anything you want. Wing it with your content. Talk as long as you like.
Few stations set out to be bad, but when you do what’s easy you end up there anyway.
I know of radio stations that hire inexperienced program directors and air talent and offer them no training. It’s easier that way.
There is no format that is worse when done poorly than CCM. But there is no other as compelling when done with excellence.
The problem is… it’s hard work.
Inspired by Seth Godin‘s “Meaningful with excellence.”
- Frost Advisory #422 – Increase Your Ratings 30% Guaranteed, Without Diet Or Exercise! - July 15, 2018
- Frost Advisory #421 – It’s A Matter Of Identity - July 8, 2018
- Frost Advisory #420 – Won’t You Be My Neighbor? - July 1, 2018
- Frost Advisory #419 – Let Me Speak To The Manager - June 24, 2018
- Frost Advisory #418 – A (Bad) Programming Lesson From The Wacky Sports Fan! - June 17, 2018