It’s easy to let grass grow and have weeds in your yard. It’s easy to not practice and be a bad guitar player. It’s easy to be the last player on the bench and not get into the game.
It’s easy to have a bad radio station.
Play anything you want. Wing it with your content. Talk as long as you like.
Few stations set out to be bad, but when you do what’s easy you end up there anyway.
I know of radio stations that hire inexperienced program directors and air talent and offer them no training. It’s easier that way.
There is no format that is worse when done poorly than CCM. But there is no other as compelling when done with excellence.
The problem is… it’s hard work.
Inspired by Seth Godin‘s “Meaningful with excellence.”
- Frost Advisory #405 – You Can’t Fix Your Own Golf Swing - March 18, 2018
- Frost Advisory #404 – Too Busy To Be Great - March 11, 2018
- Frost Advisory #403 – Programming Lessons From The Life Of Billy Graham - March 4, 2018
- Frost Advisory #402 – What Do You Hear When You Listen? - February 25, 2018
- Tommy Kramer Tip #246 – Content: The 2 Lanes to Travel - February 21, 2018