It’s easy to let grass grow and have weeds in your yard. It’s easy to not practice and be a bad guitar player. It’s easy to be the last player on the bench and not get into the game.
It’s easy to have a bad radio station.
Play anything you want. Wing it with your content. Talk as long as you like.
Few stations set out to be bad, but when you do what’s easy you end up there anyway.
I know of radio stations that hire inexperienced program directors and air talent and offer them no training. It’s easier that way.
There is no format that is worse when done poorly than CCM. But there is no other as compelling when done with excellence.
The problem is… it’s hard work.
Inspired by Seth Godin‘s “Meaningful with excellence.”
- Frost Advisory #391 – It Needs More Salt - December 10, 2017
- Frost Advisory #390 – Maybe We’re Asking The Wrong Question - December 3, 2017
- Frost Advisory #389 – Givers And Takers: A Thanksgiving Message - November 26, 2017
- Frost Advisory #388 – A Programming Lesson From Mike And Mike - November 19, 2017
- Frost Advisory #387 – The Next Voice You Hear - November 12, 2017