Quick! Name a TV dad that is portrayed as a positive role model! How about in the movies?
Where have you gone, Cliff Huxtable?
It’s said that 85% of youths in prison grow up in fatherless homes. Role models can change the trajectory of a life.
With more and more successful Contemporary Christian music stations than ever before we have the opportunity to tell a better story to more people. I know stations that have created on-air features just so they can say, “You must be a great mom!” or “Atta boy, dad!”, affirming listeners for one of the most important roles in their lives.
I recently heard Amy Grant say, “Every once in a while it’s good to think about what is really important in your life, and then see what aspect of your life actually reflects that.”
“Sing something that matters”, her dad would often remind her. On this Father’s Day I think that’s good advice for our stations, as well.
- Frost Advisory #445 – Points Of Pain: A Programming Lesson From Chick-fil-A - February 17, 2019
- Frost Advisory #444 – A Programming Lesson From The State Of The Union Address - February 10, 2019
- Frost Advisory #443 – What We Can Learn From The Super Bowl - February 4, 2019
- Frost Advisory #442 – It’s About The Heroes - January 27, 2019
- Frost Advisory #441 – Make The Big Little And The Little Big - January 20, 2019