What’s your station about? My experience is that most stations are about new music adds, the next Christian music concert, deejays and features.
“The foolish thing to do is pretend your features are so good that nothing else matters.
Something else always matters.”Seth Godin
Tiger Woods has just won his 5th Masters.
“He had gone nearly 11 years since he won his last major, 14 years since that green jacket was slipped off his Sunday red shirt.”Doug Ferguson, the Associated Press
Notice I’m not quoting the Golf Channel. The stories are streaming out from the Associated Press, Fox News, CNN, NPR, and TMZ.
Tiger’s story transcends the “product category” of golf, just like your station can transcend its attributes. There is something else going on.
“The best stories and the best movies are redemption stories. Mankind is wired for redemption. Mankind has this hole in in him that are string, they are violin strings. They are tuned to these themes; courage, nobility, redemption, sacrifice, love, faith, hope, and resurrection.”Brian Bird, producer of “When Calls the Heart”
Your station can be more than unfamiliar songs by artists you don’t know. Focus on the big idea and your station can something people actually root for!
- Frost Advisory #536 – November 22, 1963; The Day The World Changed - November 23, 2020
- Frost Advisory #535 – Brace Yourself For The Complaints - November 17, 2020
- Frost Advisory #534 – So, Who Won The Election? - November 9, 2020
- Frost Advisory #533 – What, Not Who, Are You Voting For? - November 1, 2020
- Frost Advisory #532 – I Love You, But I Hate Your Politics - October 26, 2020