The United States of America was born 243 years ago with a Declaration of Independence, and a subsequent Bill of Rights for all citizens to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. But as Americans we know that with rights comes responsibility.
The same can be said for your radio station.
Yes, you have the right to play any song you want. But you also have the responsibility of creating passionate fans which begins with a foundation of songs they know and love.
Yes, you have the right to talk about anything you want. But you have the responsibility of connecting with common interests and values, and communicating the bigger idea! That’s how groups become tribes, and tribes become movements.
Yes, you have the right to blabber on as long as you want. But you have the responsibility of communicating effectively, which means being prepared, purposeful, and precise.
Yes, you have the right to be among the lowest rated stations in your market. But you have the responsibility that goes with being the largest church in town. To fulfill that responsibility your station needs a clear purpose, a team of people that are united around it, and the passion and determination to execute the programming and marketing elements that make that purpose a reality.
On this 4th of July weekend, let’s wave our flags, shoot off our fireworks, and sing our patriotic songs…
…but let’s not forget our responsibilities!
- Frost Advisory #474 – A Programming Lesson From The Brady Bunch - September 15, 2019
- Frost Advisory #473 – Bring Your Best - September 9, 2019
- Frost Advisory #472 – How To Get A 100 Share: A Programming Lesson From The Weather Channel - September 2, 2019
- Frost Advisory #471 – Our Biggest Mistake - August 25, 2019
- Frost Advisory #470 – What Kind Of Show Is It? - August 18, 2019