There is a phone in our home that we never answer. Seriously. A constant barrage of robo-calls and “Anonymous” caller IDs has left that phone to be no more than a nuisance. In fact, we no longer even listen to the voice mails because of so much time wasted checking them.
We live in an OPT-IN world, defined by Merriam-Webster online dictionary as “to choose to do or be involved in something.” If I didn’t give you permission to communicate with me then your efforts, automated as they be, will be met with an unanswered ring.
While you may not have directly asked your listeners to OPT-IN, ultimately they have. They have expectations. They have experiences with your station perhaps they desire to have again.
Maybe they heard something, felt something, or realized something that they wouldn’t have without your radio station in their life.
So… have your listeners OPTED IN for songs they don’t know by artists they’ve never heard of, deejays that talk too much, traffic reports for traffic they’re not in, or newscasts about politics and bad things happening to people?
The more you do what your listeners have OPTED IN for, the more impact you’ll have.
“Our purchases remind us – and announce to the world around us – who we are. Our favorite brands communicate what we stand for, what we believe in. We direct our dollars in ways that reflect our values and offer a glimpse of our souls.”Roy Williams
- Frost Advisory #491 – We Live In An OPT-IN World - January 12, 2020
- Frost Advisory #490 – There Is No “Them,” Only “Us” - January 5, 2020
- Frost Advisory #489 – The Search For Good News - December 29, 2019
- Frost Advisory #488 – The Beauty Of Christmas Through The Eyes Of Our Format - December 22, 2019
- Frost Advisory #487 – We’ve Saved You A Seat! - December 16, 2019