The scoreboard can tell us a lot. We look to see the inning or the quarter. Perhaps to see who’s at bat or who’s ahead. Sometimes the errors or the fouls. But no one considers the scoreboard important enough to take its picture.
Unless of course…
…you see yourself on it!
Your station is like that.
The music is nice, but Spotify and Mortify have it in major doses. Traffic reports? It’s on the 4’s, the 10’s and the 12’s up and down the dial. Weather? I have an app for that.
No, your radio station has to offer something else. Something unique. Something your listeners value. Something that screams, “That’s me!”
Listeners may push the button because of a song they don’t like or irrelevant chit chat…
But people don’t push the button on their values.
*Inspired by my talented friends Kevin Isaacs and Dave Arthur.
- Frost Advisory #536 – November 22, 1963; The Day The World Changed - November 23, 2020
- Frost Advisory #535 – Brace Yourself For The Complaints - November 17, 2020
- Frost Advisory #534 – So, Who Won The Election? - November 9, 2020
- Frost Advisory #533 – What, Not Who, Are You Voting For? - November 1, 2020
- Frost Advisory #532 – I Love You, But I Hate Your Politics - October 26, 2020