Let’s make this short and sweet. When I tune you in, is there something going onhere? Or is there nothing going on here?
If you think just playing the music and constantly promoting stuff will work, welcome to mediocrity.
Any idiot can intro a song. Any idiot can read a liner or plug the website, or read something from the internet that the listener can get on his or her smart phone in three seconds.
I used to think of my show as “The Adventures of Tommy Kramer” (or one of the five different morning shows I was part of). Like Seinfeld in the 90’s or Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory now, each show was an episode in itself, pertaining to THAT DAY.
Yes, the listener wants companionship, but not with someone who’s bland or boring. Whether it’s evident in your research or not, the listener wants a show.
DO SOMETHING, instead of doing nothing. Try stuff. You’ll be surprised at the results.
If you need help, call me. With a little coaching, you can jump start (or rejuvenate) your career. Every professional athlete or actor you admire has a coach.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #327 – A Shoe Store With No Shoes - September 11, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #326 – Where’s the Benefit? - September 4, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #325 – The Conversation - August 28, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #324 – The 2 Fastest Ways to Lose the Listener - August 21, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #323 – Kick Out “Kicker” Stories - August 14, 2019