Recently, in a coaching session with a person who was playing it “too safe” on the air, I told him this: No one comes to the party just for the dip.
So okay, your station (and your show) has Music, News, Weather, Traffic updates, etc. The usual “basic survival kit” for broadcasting.
But now you need to add Personality, Companionship, and Things You and the Listener Have in Common.
Without those, you’re just the dip.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #380 – A Tip from Acting Teacher Roy London - September 16, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #379 – Why Your Slogan Can Mess Up the Air Talent - September 9, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #378 – The Boulder in the Lobby - September 2, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #377 – The Film Editor’s Eye - August 26, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #376 – Be a Part OF the Music - August 19, 2020