Recently, in a coaching session with a person who was playing it “too safe” on the air, I told him this: No one comes to the party just for the dip.
So okay, your station (and your show) has Music, News, Weather, Traffic updates, etc. The usual “basic survival kit” for broadcasting.
But now you need to add Personality, Companionship, and Things You and the Listener Have in Common.
Without those, you’re just the dip.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #345 — The Opt-In World - January 15, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #344 – Why “Crunch and Roll” is Essential - January 8, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #343 – A Lesson from Author Sandra Brown - January 1, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #342 – The Odds - December 25, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #341 – No One Comes To The Party Just For The Dip - December 18, 2019