Recently, in a coaching session with a person who was playing it “too safe” on the air, I told him this: No one comes to the party just for the dip.
So okay, your station (and your show) has Music, News, Weather, Traffic updates, etc. The usual “basic survival kit” for broadcasting.
But now you need to add Personality, Companionship, and Things You and the Listener Have in Common.
Without those, you’re just the dip.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #350 – Why Positivity Matters - February 19, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #349 – Revisiting the Apple Credo - February 12, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #348 – Don’t Get Too Far Off the Subject - February 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #347 – It’s Always About the Story - January 29, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #346 – Never Fear Bombing - January 22, 2020