It’s ALWAYS about the Story.
I remember a couple of seasons ago, a contestant on “Survivor” told about his getting back home after the show was taped just in time to see his mom before she passed away. Time just STOPPED as I imagined that scenario in my own life. (This is just one reason why Survivor has lasted so long.)
YOUR responsibility as an air talent is to make the story as concise and as easy and logical sounding as you possibly can. Survivor is the best-edited show in the history of television; a perfect model for film editors and writers… and storytellers.
You’ll know a great break, a great story, when it takes virtually NO editing to make a promo out of it.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #380 – A Tip from Acting Teacher Roy London - September 16, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #379 – Why Your Slogan Can Mess Up the Air Talent - September 9, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #378 – The Boulder in the Lobby - September 2, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #377 – The Film Editor’s Eye - August 26, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #376 – Be a Part OF the Music - August 19, 2020