It’s ALWAYS about the Story.
I remember a couple of seasons ago, a contestant on “Survivor” told about his getting back home after the show was taped just in time to see his mom before she passed away. Time just STOPPED as I imagined that scenario in my own life. (This is just one reason why Survivor has lasted so long.)
YOUR responsibility as an air talent is to make the story as concise and as easy and logical sounding as you possibly can. Survivor is the best-edited show in the history of television; a perfect model for film editors and writers… and storytellers.
You’ll know a great break, a great story, when it takes virtually NO editing to make a promo out of it.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #350 – Why Positivity Matters - February 19, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #349 – Revisiting the Apple Credo - February 12, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #348 – Don’t Get Too Far Off the Subject - February 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #347 – It’s Always About the Story - January 29, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #346 – Never Fear Bombing - January 22, 2020