Here’s a little tidbit I heard and wrote about years ago, but it bears revisiting.
The story is that Steve Jobs, in an Apple “think tank” meeting, challenged everyone with three questions:
- What would be cool?
- What would be fun?
- What would benefit the life of the customer?
If you want a real “mission statement,” that’s it. And it directly applies to radio. If we’re always thinking “What would be cool?” “What would be fun?” and “What would benefit the life of the listener?” we can’t go wrong.
I would back this up with three questions of my own:
- Does your station even think about this?
- If not, why not?
- And how long do you want to totally miss the whole point of even HAVING a radio station in the first place?
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #350 – Why Positivity Matters - February 19, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #349 – Revisiting the Apple Credo - February 12, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #348 – Don’t Get Too Far Off the Subject - February 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #347 – It’s Always About the Story - January 29, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #346 – Never Fear Bombing - January 22, 2020