There’s a huge difference between Confidence and having a big Ego. A great Talent needs confidence. Without it, you’d never try anything different, never find the things that are unique to you.
And confidence shows. Think Sean Connery as James Bond. Tiger Woods. Paul McCartney.
But ego shows more – and usually it’s not a flattering image. At all.
The great Gary Larson dealt with how suddenly Ego can come tumbling down:
In radio, it’s not ego that kills. It’s DISPLAYS of ego that kill radio stations. Be careful how you define yourself, what claims you make in your Imaging, and how the air talents handle things.
*Note to Gary Larson: you’re the best cartoonist who ever lived. I’m only borrowing your one-panel here to make a point. Please don’t sue me.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #403: The Big Goal, and How to Get It - February 24, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #402: Team Shows are like a Marriage - February 17, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #401: TEAM Ego, not Individual Ego - February 10, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #400: One Story at a Time - February 3, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #399: MEAN it - January 27, 2021