There’s so much emphasis put on specific areas of Content. Stories. Stuff from social media posts, blogs, Pinterest… whatever. You can become inundated with well-intended thoughts that lead to aimless, largely punch-less stuff on the air.
Don’t forget about why radio succeeded in the first place: Companionship.
It’s still a huge factor. The morning team that entertains you. The midday jock that’s always in a good mood and makes you laugh now and then. The afternoon jock who makes slogging home after work easier.
I coach hundreds of things to make that factor ever-present in not just what you do, but in how you do it – carving out an identity along the way.
Remember: “If I want to spend time with you”… is the listener’s bottom line.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #403: The Big Goal, and How to Get It - February 24, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #402: Team Shows are like a Marriage - February 17, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #401: TEAM Ego, not Individual Ego - February 10, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #400: One Story at a Time - February 3, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #399: MEAN it - January 27, 2021