No doubt you’ve seen “Chinese handcuffs”, that little woven tube that TRAPS your fingers inside it. And the more you struggle, the tighter it gets. You have to relax to get free.
The same thing goes for what you do on the air. Don’t overthink what you’re doing, and don’t try too hard. Make it simple, and easy to consume. If you try to do too much, or it gets too complicated, I’ll just turn the radio off and go get a burger.
Surely you’re better than a burger! (Actually, most air talents are more like “ham” sandwiches.)
– – – – – – –
Member, Texas Radio Hall of Fame
© 2015 by Tommy Kramer. All rights reserved.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #323 – Kick Out “Kicker” Stories - August 14, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Tip #322 – What You Can Learn from Star Wars - August 7, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #321 – One of the Biggest Challenges with Voice Tracking - July 31, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #320 – The Female Voice - July 24, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #319 – The 80% Rule for Big Voices - July 17, 2019