The other day, I heard a guy who’s quite good RUSHING through every break. Talking to him later, I found that he’d gone through a series of really stressful things, leading to his getting back home at 4 AM, then having to go in and substitute for someone on the air just a very few hours later.
In trying to overcome sleep deprivation, he went the “energy” route. But it didn’t really work, because the listener can almost always tell when we’re overcompensating, or just not quite “in the pocket.”
This is what I told him:
A 12-ounce glass won’t hold 14 ounces of Dr. Pepper. Pouring it faster won’t help.
Keep that in mind the next time you’re not physically at your best. Stay ear-friendly. Fit the glass.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #332 – Everyone Has a Story, But… - October 16, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #331 – The Best Thing You Can Hear…and Do - October 9, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #330 – Avoiding California Airhead Language - October 2, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #329 – Check Your Online/App Streaming - September 25, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #328 – What You Can Learn From Ron Jacobs - September 18, 2019