The other day, I heard a guy who’s quite good RUSHING through every break. Talking to him later, I found that he’d gone through a series of really stressful things, leading to his getting back home at 4 AM, then having to go in and substitute for someone on the air just a very few hours later.
In trying to overcome sleep deprivation, he went the “energy” route. But it didn’t really work, because the listener can almost always tell when we’re overcompensating, or just not quite “in the pocket.”
This is what I told him:
A 12-ounce glass won’t hold 14 ounces of Dr. Pepper. Pouring it faster won’t help.
Keep that in mind the next time you’re not physically at your best. Stay ear-friendly. Fit the glass.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #318 – Where You NEVER Want to Go - July 10, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #317 – Storytelling: It’s all about the Ending - July 3, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #316 – The Difference Between You and Us - June 26, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tp #315 – More on the “You Second” Technique - June 19, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #314 – How to Make Interviews and Phone Calls Not Suck - June 12, 2019