Here’s a short, but really powerful tip.
Give a subject two segments (in Talk radio), MAX. If it doesn’t “catch fire” by then, give up and move along to something else.
The same principle is true in Music Radio – give a subject two tries, and if there’s no usable reaction, punt. If it hasn’t “happened” by then, you’re just firing bullets into a dead body. This is both boring and desperate-sounding.
This is why I always over-prepped each day. Just having “enough” to cover a show might not actually BE enough on a given day. And as you know, it’s impossible to predict when something might inexplicably fail to connect with the listener. (Although, now that I think about it, this could simply be because there’s not an Emotion at its core. Might want to think about that, too.)
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #302 – Looking in the Window - March 20, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #301 – Stop TRYING to be Noticed - March 13, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #300 – Two Segments, Max - March 6, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #299 – Discovery - February 27, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #298 – Keeping Things Simple Enough for the Listener - February 20, 2019