One of the prime ingredients in all truly great talents is that they connect with the listener on a daily basis.
And one of the keys in getting to that place is:
Stop TRYING to be noticed.
Instead of constantly trying for punch lines, or “talking points” that just get the same five people to call in with the same types of reactions we always hear, the ‘Real Deal’ is to just be part of the listener’s life each day. Talk about things that we all have in common, then put your individual spin on it.
Think about this… the more you try to be noticed, the more it’s just about YOU. But the more you just try to be part of something that we share together, the more it’s about US.
And that’s what gets ratings. If you build your show around having something going on that I can relate to each day, I’ll come back – over and over again.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #374 – Dog Chasing Its Tail - August 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #373 – Funny Isn’t the Goal - July 29, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #372 – How to Use Listener Feedback on the Air - July 22, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #371 – There’s Always Another Level - July 15, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #370 – It’s Not Really a Conversation - July 8, 2020