One of the prime ingredients in all truly great talents is that they connect with the listener on a daily basis.
And one of the keys in getting to that place is:
Stop TRYING to be noticed.
Instead of constantly trying for punch lines, or “talking points” that just get the same five people to call in with the same types of reactions we always hear, the ‘Real Deal’ is to just be part of the listener’s life each day. Talk about things that we all have in common, then put your individual spin on it.
Think about this… the more you try to be noticed, the more it’s just about YOU. But the more you just try to be part of something that we share together, the more it’s about US.
And that’s what gets ratings. If you build your show around having something going on that I can relate to each day, I’ll come back – over and over again.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #318 – Where You NEVER Want to Go - July 10, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #317 – Storytelling: It’s all about the Ending - July 3, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #316 – The Difference Between You and Us - June 26, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tp #315 – More on the “You Second” Technique - June 19, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #314 – How to Make Interviews and Phone Calls Not Suck - June 12, 2019