My friend and associate John Frost and I have one huge pet peeve – when we walk into a client station and can’t hear it playing in the building.
When we ask why this is so (and we do), we get these really lame answers:
“People are working, and the music distracts them.”
“We want people doing their jobs, not just listening to the radio.”
“The people in the office can’t talk to each other if the station is on.”
And the one I found most insane – “You can hear it in the bathroom.” (Wow! Let’s all go in there!)
No one wants to walk into a shoe store that has no shoes. If I can’t hear your station in the lobby or in the hallway, apparently you don’t have one worth listening to.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #418: Composition! - June 9, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #417: A Basic Storytelling Kit - June 2, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #416: Team Show Tip — What’s Your Partner’s Role? - May 26, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #415: Another Tip from Roy London - May 19, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #414: Why Coaching is a Good Idea - May 12, 2021