As you develop your storytelling skills, be wary of getting too far off the subject.
I recall a Yankees vs. Twins baseball game a couple of seasons ago. The difference between the Yankees broadcast team (all of whom are excellent) and the Minnesota Twins broadcasters was never more evident than when a Twins announcer – during an inning – talked ad nauseum to a lady with a bird refuge. ???
I was dumbfounded. It served no purpose whatsoever. A way off target “human interest” interview that went nowhere and had me shouting at the TV. The only thing I could think to ask her that would have been relevant to baseball is “Remember when Randy Johnson exploded that seagull?”
(You Tube it if you haven’t seen it.)
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #350 – Why Positivity Matters - February 19, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #349 – Revisiting the Apple Credo - February 12, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #348 – Don’t Get Too Far Off the Subject - February 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #347 – It’s Always About the Story - January 29, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #346 – Never Fear Bombing - January 22, 2020