This may sound counterintuitive, but stories aren’t about what happened.
For our purposes as air talent, they’re about what we FELT about what happened. The Emotion is the core, and that’s the thing that connects with the listener.
If all you can bring to the table is just some comment with no real emotion attached to it, or just some stupid punch line, you’re not going to connect.
Focus FIRST on the Emotion. THEN put the story together.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #370 – It’s Not Really a Conversation - July 8, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #369 – A Goal Without a Plan - July 1, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #368 -Mean It - June 24, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #367 – Promos: Stop Telling Me what to Think or Feel - June 17, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #366 – A Tip from Paul Newman - June 10, 2020