There’s what you want it to sound like; then there’s what it actually is.
“We just have a conversation with the listener.” Well… not exactly.
It’s NOT really a Conversation. Music radio is at its best is when it’s concise and at least momentarily memorable – or at the VERY least, when it doesn’t waste our time.
This thought helps; it’s NOT a conversation. It’s just an Observation with an Emotion tucked in.
Thinking this way won’t leave you frustrated if you don’t get phone or social media response. Your job is to offer things up that are incisive or entertaining. Getting a reply isn’t the real goal.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #374 – Dog Chasing Its Tail - August 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #373 – Funny Isn’t the Goal - July 29, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #372 – How to Use Listener Feedback on the Air - July 22, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #371 – There’s Always Another Level - July 15, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #370 – It’s Not Really a Conversation - July 8, 2020