If you’ve had success, it’s easy to think that the learning process is pretty much over. But there’s always another level.
Legendary guitarist Jimi Hendrix thought Eric Clapton was stunning, but Clapton thought Hendrix was miles above him. Steven Spielberg thought John Ford was the world’s best movie Director, but Spielberg’s movies will be benchmarks for generations to come.
Great ideas and new approaches are everywhere. The late night talent on a tiny station you pick up driving somewhere may do something so original that it bowls you over.
No matter how good you are, you can get better. And more importantly, you should WANT to get to yet another level. Keep trying to learn more, or you risk becoming a dinosaur.
(From my perspective, this is the essence of coaching. Helping YOU get to the next level.)
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #389: Selling versus Telling - November 18, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #388: Degree of Fit - November 13, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #388: Degree of Fit - November 11, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #387: Re-imagining Interviews - November 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #386: To Tease or Not to Tease – and Why - October 28, 2020