In a recent session, I went over a break the air talent had done with a nice message: how just saying “hi” to someone who’s been emotionally damaged or mistreated may be ‘revolutionary’ to that person.
But he loaded it down with too many examples before settling on that one gesture. There’s a tendency for us to be like lawyers, “stacking up evidence” to fortify our point. But you’re not paid by the example; you’re paid by the CONNECTION.
So whenever you could give a “laundry list” of examples, just choose one to draw a smaller, more precise target for the Emotion to center on.
A closer “sphere of vision” will bring out the more personal, visual, and emotional elements in your Content and its delivery.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #386: To Tease or Not to Tease – and Why - October 28, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #385 – Demo (Aircheck) Guidelines - October 21, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #384 – Choose ONE - October 14, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #383 – Nothing is Worse than Being Ignored - October 7, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #382 – Memories and Shared Experiences - September 30, 2020