The words “information” and “details” are poisonous words. You should try to avoid them.
If you’re a regular follower of my tips, you know that “left brain” thoughts or words don’t really click with the listener as much as “right brain” stuff.
For the uninitiated, the left brain is about order, reason, math, numbers, percentages. The right brain is where emotion, art, creativity and allegiance all live.
When you say something like “Find the details on our website” or “Go to my Facebook page for more information,” what people HEAR is “There’s a bunch of crap in a really tiny font that you can go read.”
What you SHOULD say is something like “Find out more on my Facebook page” or “Everything you need to know is at khip.com” instead.
You’re talking to a PERSON, not a robot getting information.
ALWAYS live in the right brain. “A juicy steak” is better than just “a 14-ounce rib-eye.” You want to paint PICTURES with words, not numbers or lists.
– – – – – – –
Member, Texas Radio Hall of Fame
© 2016 by Tommy Kramer. All rights reserved.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #389: Selling versus Telling - November 18, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #388: Degree of Fit - November 13, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #388: Degree of Fit - November 11, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #387: Re-imagining Interviews - November 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #386: To Tease or Not to Tease – and Why - October 28, 2020