Here’s a question that takes some actual hands-on experience to answer: Is your live streaming even worth listening to?
As someone who has to tape streaming audio often (because of different time zones) in order to do coaching sessions, I can tell you that most live streaming is dead in the water. Constant cutting out, horribly over-modulated audio (or a stream that’s so low I need a hearing aid to listen to it), too many steps to finally get the audio up, incessant “introductory ads” that we have to sit through before – finally – hearing the station… they’re all symptomatic of just assuming because you buy into a streaming service, your audio is being carried the right way.
And the weird thing is, we promote this ‘feature’ all the time, often without ever checking it out ourselves.
So today – now, while you’re thinking of it – get on your computer, iPad, or smart phone and check your live stream for an hour or so. You may be shocked at how poor it sounds… or you could really pleased with it – until it inexplicably just shuts off after a few minutes. (Aaaarrrrgh.)
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #339 – The Coaching “Starter Kit” - December 4, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #338 – It’s Not the Control Room Show - November 27, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #337 – Like Your Job…and Win - November 20, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #336 – The First Thing You Say - November 13, 2019
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #335 – Being Entertaining - November 6, 2019