Listeners, even if they’re not consciously thinking about it, value their TIME over anything else.
That’s the challenge, and why you really need to work at getting better, smoother, subtler, more animated when necessary, a great voice actor, a friend – the one they look FORWARD to being with.
Ask yourself whether there are “dead spots” in your show, or breaks where you kind of put it on autopilot. If you’re wasting the listener’s time on any sort of consistent basis, he or she is going to stop giving it to you.
– – – – – – –
Member, Texas Radio Hall of Fame
© 2017 by Tommy Kramer. All rights reserved.
- Tommy Kramer Tip #227 – Millennial Overspeak, And Why You Should Avoid It - October 11, 2017
- Tommy Kramer Tip #226 – What Listeners Value Most - October 4, 2017
- Tommy Kramer Tip #225 – How To Zoom In On The Difference Between Openness And Transparency - September 27, 2017
- Tommy Kramer Tip #224 – The Personality Challenge - September 20, 2017
- Tommy Kramer Tip #223 – Varying your Resets - September 13, 2017