“I can’t break 100 anymore,” I confessed to a golf professional that sees dozens of my like very day. “That means,” he responded immediately, “that you’re not striking the ball solidly.” This guy hadn’t even seen me swing the club and he already diagnosed my problem.
That’s called experience. He’s seen it before. He knows what causes it. He knows how to fix it.
“We’re often good at accepting what’s in front of us (a bad golf swing), but bad at things that are very far away or very very close. We have trouble with things that are too big and too small. Standing on a higher ladder and seeing a bit farther is precisely what we ought to seek out.”
You can’t fix your own golf swing because you don’t have the perspective experience gives you. If you can’t break 100 the wrong golf swing can actually feel right.
You can’t fix your own radio station because you don’t have the perspective experience gives you. The wrong things you’re doing may actually feel right because they are familiar.
“You must look within for value, but you must look beyond for perspective.”
- Frost Advisory #565 – Sitting Next To Warren - June 14, 2021
- Frost Advisory #564 – Daddy, Tell Me A Story - June 6, 2021
- Frost Advisory #563-How Will Your Station Be Remembered? A Memorial Day Idea - May 31, 2021
- Frost Advisory #562-Free Tacos With Purchase - May 24, 2021
- Frost Advisory #561 – The Bridge Between Two Souls: Your Station And Your Listeners - May 17, 2021