One of the main things to keep in mind for any air talent is something that strikes to our very core as human beings: nothing is worse than being ignored.
If you’re on the air, but nothing you do or say really “grabs” the listener, it’s a waste of time.
Here’s a litmus test: What stood out today about your show? (Or any day’s show, for that matter?) You should be able to think “Oh yeah, yesterday was when we did this…”
If you can’t recall something memorable from your show, neither can the listener. We all know about stations who’ve been in a market for years, but with no real success. Let’s not be one of them.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #389: Selling versus Telling - November 18, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #388: Degree of Fit - November 13, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #388: Degree of Fit - November 11, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #387: Re-imagining Interviews - November 5, 2020
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #386: To Tease or Not to Tease – and Why - October 28, 2020