We hear a lot these days about being “transparent” on the air, and I get what the spirit of that is. But being totally transparent can be too close to the bone.
I always use the term “being open.”
Being open is different, and better. If you’re unsure where the line is between openness and transparency, just remember this: Nobody goes to a party to watch a guy fight with his wife. You’re in the Entertainment business. Some things SHOULDN’T be revealed.
– – – – – – –
Member, Texas Radio Hall of Fame
© 2017 by Tommy Kramer. All rights reserved.
- Tommy Kramer Tip #227 – Millennial Overspeak, And Why You Should Avoid It - October 11, 2017
- Tommy Kramer Tip #226 – What Listeners Value Most - October 4, 2017
- Tommy Kramer Tip #225 – How To Zoom In On The Difference Between Openness And Transparency - September 27, 2017
- Tommy Kramer Tip #224 – The Personality Challenge - September 20, 2017
- Tommy Kramer Tip #223 – Varying your Resets - September 13, 2017