The Prime Directive was the guiding ‘mission statement’ in Star Trek.
Here’s ours, in music radio:
Whatever you want to say needs to be as good as your best song.
If it’s not, why are you saying it?
This manifests in two ways – Subject matter, and Delivery.
Subject matter should be top of mind, and you want the listener to be able to easily see himself/herself in that situation.
Delivery: “as good as your best song” can be in the WAY that you say something. Sounding like you actually care (with some degree of emotional engagement). Painting a good word picture. Or simply being a good companion to the music, rather than an interruption.
Unless I’m working with you, I can’t tell which of these you need to work on. But I’ll bet there is one.
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #418: Composition! - June 9, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #417: A Basic Storytelling Kit - June 2, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #416: Team Show Tip — What’s Your Partner’s Role? - May 26, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #415: Another Tip from Roy London - May 19, 2021
- Tommy Kramer Coaching Tip #414: Why Coaching is a Good Idea - May 12, 2021